VETiS stands for Vocational Education and Training in Schools. VETiS offers students nationally recognised vocational certificates approved for senior secondary students, and is endorsed for recognition in both the VCE and VCAL by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA). Echuca College’s Regional VETiS Program is open to Year 10,11 & 12 students from all regional secondary schools.
Benefits of studying a VETiS Course
– Provides a practical focus in a wide range of industry areas
– Boosts entry level skills for the workforce
– Provides nationally recognised Vocational Certificates that can lead to direct employment pathways
– Adds credits towards obtaining VCE or VCAL
– Provides direct experience in industry
– Provides an academic benefit in contributing to ATAR
Students interested in studying VET in 2015 must attend an VET information Night
Step 1: Information Evenings: 7-8.30 pm July 28th & 29th at Moama Bowling Club
Mon July 28th: Beauty, Business, Children’s Services, Dance, Disability Services, Equine Industry, Hairdressing, Music, Indonesian, Sport and Recreation.
Tues July 29th: Automotive Studies, Building and Construction, Electrical, Engineering, Furniture Making, Hospitality, Integrated Technology, Plumbing.
Step 2: Register your interest in courses with your school as part of your year 10-12 program.
For more information on courses please follow this link;