Year 10 students from Regional Victorian schools with a passion for science were invited to John MonashScience School (JMSS) for a 3-week block to attend classes with JMSS students, visit Monash University for science workshops, and experience Melbourne. Maegan Johnson from Year 10 has demonstrated excellent initiative and has been selected to attend the Regional program. She is currently studying at the John Monash Science School.
Maegan will study Emerging Sciences in fields such as:
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology;
- Marine Biology;
- From Cells to Systems (Biomedical Science including Stem-cell technology);
- Our Dynamic Earth (Geosciences);
- From Logic to Magic (Enhanced Mathematics);
- Bioinformatics (Decoding the Genome);
- Imaging Science;
- From Quarks to Quasars (Astrophysics); and
- Pharmaceutical Science.
Maegan will return to JMSS to present her Emerging Science projects to peers, parents, teachers and academics at the annual Science Fair in October.