On Monday the 13th of February 2018, Echuca College is again pleased to offer both students and parents the opportunity to attend a session with David Verdugo, an international motivational speaker and success coach. We have worked with David and his company for a number of years and have had a very positive response from students, teachers and parents who have enjoyed his passionate and engaging presentations.
VCE students will attend the seminar during the day as part of the Flying Start Program. This presentation is designed to maximise motivation, organisation, study skills and resilience as students enter their final years of schooling.
In the evening parents of all students from Year 7 -12 will have the opportunity to attend the ‘Parenting Strategies for Teenage Success’ session. David will discuss how to support your child in becoming well organised, develop positive study habits, how parents can set practical ground rules to manage work ethic and social media distractions and how to communicate effectively with your child to help build learning confidence for academic success.
This program has been specifically geared for parents with teenagers and concentrates on how a parent can:
1. build their child’s self confidence so that they reach their fullest potential
- understand how developing a positive self image is the cause for high performance
- understand how to nurture their child’s strengths to release their potential4
2. motivate their child to achieve both academically & in life
- understand how to encourage & coach (not ‘nag’)
- understand how to create a positive home environment conducive to doing homework & study
3. communicate effectively so that they can understand their child & develop a close, positive relationship
- understand how to empathise with their child to get to the real issues
- understand how to set practical ground rules to manage work ethic & social media distractions
Parents who attended the seminar in 2017 commented that the program was outstanding and provided valuable tips and ideas on assisting and supporting their students in their study.
The Seminar will be held in the Café Learning Area between 6pm and 7:30 pm. Attendance is free for parents of Echuca College students.