About this Statement
Echuca College is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This Online Privacy Statement governs the collection, storage, use, access and disposal of data including all personal information obtained on the schools websites. Please take some time to read through this statement and understand our position on privacy.
This privacy statement will be updated from time to time so please visit this page regularly.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to linked websites that are not the Schools sites. When you link to another site we recommend you read the privacy statement of that site.
Collection of Information
Two types of online data are collected by Echuca College:
- visitor logs and statistics
- information provided by users through online forms, registration, databases and feedback (When personal information is collected online through databases and forms for example, a privacy notice informing you how your personal information will be collected, used and protected will be available).
Visitor logs and statistics
Echuca College sites gather statistics on users’ online experience. Information collected includes:
- visitor server addresses and domains
- the times and dates the site was visited
- the pages visitors accessed and files downloaded
- visitors’ browsers and operating systems.
The main purpose for collecting this information is to provide statistical information used for website and system administration. The information does not identify individual users but does identify the computer that is used to access our sites. Logged information is not disclosed outside of departmental staff or those under contract to conduct maintenance to web server components. We make no attempt to identify individuals from these records unless it is necessary to the investigation of a breach of law.
Some of Echuca College’s sites require visitors to provide personal information when they engage in online activities such as subscribing to conferences, participating in departmental email discussion groups, registering online for education activities, completing online forms and feedback. Personal information collected may include a visitor’s first and last name, postal address, email address, employer, job title and department, telephone and fax numbers. Echuca College will inform you how your personal information will be used at the point of collection.